iDealing.com is a successful online brokerage business offering individuals, corporates, and financial institutions a platform to trade in stocks, bonds, futures, options, forex and other derivative products.
Launched in May 2000, our policies have been shaped by the successes of other online brokers and the extensive experience of our management and technical staff. During both the dot-com bubble and the recent financial crisis the company has remained profitable.
We have lead the market in streaming real-time data and were the first UK broker to offer retail clients direct market access to the London Stock Exchange. We have recently become the first brokerage in Europe to offer a zero-commission service on the Belgian, Dutch and French Euronext markets.
Team activities are divided between wholesale re-architecting, building completely new functionality and continuous improvement of existing systems.
The firm is unusual in the extent to which its systems are home grown. This is a deliberate strategy that allows us to pioneer new technology, avoid the heavy licensing and support costs associated with packaged solutions and maintain complete control over the functionality of our systems and the speed with which they can be changed.
- The company uses Java as its core programming language and platform for back-end services. Web pages are implemented in a combination of HTML and JSP and we use a range of open source software packages and systems including Spring, Hibernate, ActiveMQ and Tomcat.
- Linux is the primary operating system, although Solaris is also used for hosting the Oracle database services, and the office environment is MS Windows based.
- The IT department is seeking to recruit a range of experienced developers to work on all aspects of its front and back-end systems and mobile platforms. There are no fixed roles and a balance of skills and experience is being sought.
- The successful candidates will be expected to design and develop industrial strength applications and integrate them into the company's existing systems.
- To this end, interaction with business users will be needed, both to analyse requirements and obtain feedback on solutions and possible enhancements.
- Some of the development work will entail extending existing functionality and this will involve analysis of existing code and design patterns. Day-to-day support of live systems and bug fixing will also be integral to the job.
- A proven ability to tackle the complex work that is involved in maintaining our systems will lead to significant responsibilities on green field and re-architecting projects.
Background and Technical Skills:
- The successful candidate will have demonstrable skills in server side Java, multi-threading, and networking. They should be comfortable using UNIX as a development platform and willing to learn new skills and technologies as the role entails. Good SQL skills are important as is exposure to JDBC and transaction management. Spring (core and MVC), Hibernate and JMS experience would be beneficial as would some exposure to web-based applications and mobile development.
- Experience in a financial environment is not mandatory but would be useful as would a demonstrable interest in trading and financial procedures.
- A thorough grounding in the principles of object oriented programming and a practical knowledge of common design patterns is expected as is the ability to write clear straightforward code.
- Finally, the candidate will need to be a team player, respectful of the skills and personal strengths that others bring to the team and able to both absorb and spread knowledge.
- A permanent role in an international fast-growing company
- Work in a multicultural environment
- Competitive remuneration
Start Date: ASAP
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.